Monday, January 16, 2012

Unforgettable Snowy Run

Run: 3 miles
Location: Prom
Time: 8:30 am
Temperature: 30 degrees, but feels like 25
Weather: Clear with snow on the ground, light wind

Notes:

What can I say? One of the best runs I have ever had. Part of the very reason I love running! Seaside was blessed with a beautiful blanket of snow last night, and I woke up this morning to a magical winter wonderland! I could think of no better way to experience it than to go for a lovely run. It was so quiet. I love the soft cushion that snow is to run on. Granted, it was 8:30 so there were quite a few foot and bike tracks outside so unfortunately those were becoming patches and globs of ice so the terrain was a little uneven and by the end my ankles and ATs were feeling it. More of a workout for them than injury-related.

I remember years ago Ben and I were vistiting friends in Schenectady, NY, it was 1° outside and I saw a group of 3 guys running. I remember thinking they must be nuts!! Just standing outside in the chill hurt my lungs and made it hard to breathe. Granted 25° is not 1°, but today I felt like I joined the ranks of die-hard runners who run even in tough conditions. Hopefully I will get one more run in before it all melts!

The landscape and sunrise this morning


No comments:

Post a Comment