Saturday, January 7, 2012

3 Miles and Shins on Fire!

Today I strapped Aaron into the Chariot and brought Sammy along riding his bike as we made the 3 mile out-and-back strip of the Prom. Somewhere about 1+mile, my shins caught on fire! I thought it was probably that they were just warming up so I slowed down a bit and lightened my footfalls the best I knew how. By the time I got to 1 1/2 miles I stopped to stretch them and they were poppin' out big time! I know this well, I've had shin splints a lot. I don't have them yet, but they are tender so I am going to have to pay attention. I walk/jogged the rest to finish the 3 miles. Ice and stretch will be the prescription for my shins today.

I just wanted to mention though that while my shins hated my guts today, the rest of my body felt great! Lungs and legs overall felt ready to conquer the world.

I rolled my legs out before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment