Thursday, January 12, 2012

Easy Run Day-No Guilt!

Run: 1.5 miles
Location: Treadmill at CCC
Time: 8 am
Temperature: somewhere around 65 degrees

Notes: I went into my run aimed at doing 3 miles but I just wasn't feeling it today. I am not on a training program per say, just out here to get some runs under my belt before my first target run adn build up a good base. I will start a half marathon training plan in a month or so. At first I wanted to feel guilty for "giving up" at the 1.5 mile mark but then I let myself off the hook. It was still a run, and I was still "lapping everyone on the couch." And after all I have been doing, I needed an "easy" run.

I think I may have gone farther had I had an iPod. Mine broke a while ago and I'm holding off because I know in roughly a month or so, I should be getting an iPhone. The treadmill is so monotonous and at the gym there's no tv's not much of a radio(its on the other side of the room and you can't really hear it with the noise of the treadmill).

Wait! Let me stop right there...funny, here I am again sort of trying to justify my "easy run" with excuses and figure out why it wasn't longer! I don't mean to do that, I think it is a natural tendency of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment