Friday, January 13, 2012

So maybe I'm a little competitive...

Run: 1.5 miles
Location: CCC gym
Time: 1 pm
Temperature: somewhere around 65 degrees

Notes: Today I had to do a timed run, basically a Tempo run for a PE class. It is a pre-test used to gauge your improvement over the term. We run again at the end and compare. I was kind of nervous because I had to run with people I didn't really know but I held nothing back. Apparently I am competitive because I got to the front and refused to let anyone pass me. I don't know what it is! But there was this taller girl behind me that I could hear running and there was just no way I was going to let her pass me! I ran hard the whole time. I was proud of myself. I think what it is, is that I don't really know how to "race" halfway. It is either all the way or no-go.

I ran 1.5 miles in the 12 minutes allotted which put me at 8:00 minute per mile! I am so happy that I can still run hard and fast! I've just gotten started for the year so I'm thankful to have something to go by and I hope to only keep improving!

(I also got there early and did 30 minutes on the elliptical beforehand so I bet that helped warm me up)

{I also decided I am not going to report on stretching and rolling. It has become something I do every day so let's just assume I do it every day for simplicity's sake!}

No comments:

Post a Comment