Monday, March 5, 2012

Two Miles Is Better Than No Miles

Run/Workout: 2 miles
Location: treadmill
Run Time (if applicable): 23 minutes, 11:30 splits
Run Start:8:15
Temperature: N/A
Weather: N/A

Notes:

Considering the week I've had, this was a perfectly fine workout. It felt pretty good. I rolled out my legs really good last night and this morning I'm feeling pretty good. I don't feel a lot of pain, but I do feel myself compensating for the weakness in my left lower leg. 

I started my workout with an extensive warm-up, just easing into every joint and movement. I started on the elliptical then moved to the treadmill to give actual running a try. I kept it really slow, easy and smooth. I felt like I was doing a lot of mid-foot to heel strike as I slogged along. I slipped on my compression socks afterward for recovery and I love them!! I think I may just end up buying a pair in every color. 

...I'm not sure if I will be able to make the Shamrock run with a bum leg! I haven't made the choice yet but we shall see tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment