Friday, March 30, 2012

Mileage Totals: {March}-ing Behind...

January Total: 56.8
February Total: 61.39
March Total: 52.49

Total: 170.68

Thanks to my shin, and the lack of mileage early on in the month, March was my lowest mileage month yet :( I am quite a bit behind (by 80 miles overall) :( I don't want to think about it because I can only go so far as my legs will let me without injuring myself. As per my workout plan for April, if I stick to it to the letter I will hit 80 miles. I need to be doing 83.3 miles per month so I am just not quite there!

But I have a few ideas:

Add one mile to the ends of shorter runs (3 miler to 4 miler, 4 miler to 5 miler) especially if I'm feeling really good.

Run more days of the week while keeping those extras a little shorter (3-milers).

In the evenings, steal away for 30 minutes to do an extra 3 miles on the treadmill (daily doubles)

On cross-training days, do like 2 miles as a warm up.

No comments:

Post a Comment