Friday, March 30, 2012

And Nine Turns to Five...


Ahhh, the journey of a runner.

There you have it...feeling injured, which is never good news. My left shin is banged back up(actually it is pretty localized to my superior/medial ankle region). I'm sitting here in my smelly, sweaty clothes with my left leg elevated, in compression socks with an ice pack wrapped around it. It's hurting. Nothing major I'm sure, but it was just one of those days. My first mile went great, but at about mile 2 and on my shin was just killing me...a throbbing type of discomfort which turned to pain. It would localize hear my ankle, then up the medial side, then throb deeper. I was really hoping it would go away but it just kept feeling worse and worse. I knew better than to push it but I was quite a ways from my house so I was forced to run farther than I would in the interest of avoiding injury. I was shooting for 9 but I'm not too bummed. As long as I didn't hurt myself bad.

The good news is that while it has been raining for 4 days now, I was able to avoid it. Everything BUT my left shin felt great, that is also good news. And hey, I did add 5 miles to my calendar so that's good. But I will be taking it easy through the weekend, icing, rolling and compressing my shins.

No comments:

Post a Comment