Monday, January 14, 2013

Quickie Post

I have all of 15 minutes to log my run from yesterday. I love logging my runs, so it's weird when I don't get to it. When I log it, it's like proof that it happened! Credit where credit is due! But I have swim team practice to get to so here goes:

Style/Workout: 40 minute easy run
Setting/Route: Treadmill-5:45am!
Mileage: 4.2 miles, 9:30 pace
Progress: (running mileage): 4.2 today/30.27 this month/ 30.27 year-to-date

I love watching those numbers (mileage) climb! Sunday I was still on the list to volunteer but instead of having to be at the health fair at 7am, I had to be there at 8:30, which means I had some time to squeeze in an early morning run! Good thing I did too, I was so tired after my long weekend and would not have gotten it in later in the day. That is one thing I love about early morning runs...you get it out of the way...you start your day right. I can start my day with a run, but I cannot end it with one. I'd be too wired and have to go to bed with a wet head :-(

 On a side-note, I have lost 2 pounds in the 9 days since I weighed myself last!

And lastly, I followed along with a few folks who ran the Walt Disney World Marathon last weekend. Man, I am jealous! I love those runDisney races! Since 2011, I have ran one every year but I'm not sure if I will be able to squeeze one in this year. I kind of like to try a new one each year too. There is the Tinkerbell Half Marathon next month at Disneyland (no-go, too last minute) and at Disneyworld there is the Tower of Terror 10-Miler in Oct, then the Wine and Dine Half Marathon night race in November. I honestly don't think I'll make it down there to run it, especially with school keeping me so uber-busy. However, it is always nice to dream :)


No comments:

Post a Comment