Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Easing Back to Tempo

Today's Workout...Tempo Run!

10:00, 10:00 pace-1
5:00, 9:40 pace-.51
5:00, 9:22 pace-.53
10:00, 9:05 pace-1.1

Grand total- 3.14 (or Pi...LOL, that's my math geek humor)


Style/Workout: 30 minute tempo run
Setting/Route: My treadmill, but at least it was warm inside
Mileage: 3.14 miles
Progress: (running mileage): 3.14 today/44.7 this month/ 44.7 year-to-date

Today's workout was a tempo run...or rather this was my workout I missed a few days' ago. It was either this or brutal intervals and I decided a tempo run would be the best way to ease myself back into running after the shock of having the flu. I can't say I had the worst flu ever, but any time your body goes through a viral infection, it is always a good idea to ease into any type of hard exercise with caution.

Immediately I noticed I was a tad bit dehydrated. Then about 15 minutes in a headache started. So I finished my workout with a new goal...hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. My head has still been foggy and somewhat dizzy at times and I'm pretty sure it all points to the fact that my hydration/electrolytes are probably all over the place. It is amazing the delicate balance of fluid/electrolytes and how it effects your equilibrium (inner ear/balance) and your ICP or intracranial pressure (in your skull!) Working on it!

All in all, I am proud of myself for getting out there! I was very tempted to hit the snooze button at 5:30am...but then I kept telling myself, "You won't regret getting down there and at least trying, but you WILL regret skipping out on it!"



No comments:

Post a Comment