Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Intervals!

Style/Workout: 33 minute intervals
Setting/Route: Treadmill-5:45am!
Mileage: 3.48 miles
Progress: (running mileage): 3.48 today/33.75 this month/ 33.75 year-to-date

Today was a new workout! I got up early again 5:30 am, and kind of did my own version of a warm-up. The app allots 5 minutes, but I don't think that is enough. So I just get going, then when I'm just about warmed up, I start the app and do their warm-up and complete my work-out. It's important to listen to your body! It started with 6 minutes easy pace (10:00) then 3 sections of 3 minutes "pushing it" pace (8:30, 8:15, 8:00 respectively). I cooled down with 5 minutes walking then did some stretching and yoga poses.

Speaking of my body, I have been noticing a a very slight, hardly noticeable tweak in my left side, kind a combo of sciatic nerve pain and IT band. I have been doing lots of rolling and that has really helped!

I'm so whooped from school I am sorry my post is so dry, I really don't have the energy to be clever or creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment