Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Progress is progress

Style/Workout: Kind of a flop 
Setting/Route: 24th and the high school track
Mileage: 3.22 miles/ 30:04 / 9.20/mi averages
Progress: (running mileage): 3.22 today/58.99 this month/ 188.91 year-to-date
(For March I'm aiming for...70 miles)


Well today's workout did not turn out the way I had planned. I don't know what it is but it was another flop. I think maybe my diet may be to blame (again)? We have been home for spring break so it is entirely possible that I have been grazing more than usual and probably on nutrient-thin items. Although, we don't really have a lot of junk in the house and I have been eating a lot of fruit. I'm so thankful some yummy choices are in season finally :)


So the run started out ok, but from the get-to my legs just felt weak. I figured maybe once they warmed up more I would feel the strength surge into them. Nope. And today I had to finally admit it...I HATE running laps on the track! Unless I am doing something dynamic like intervals, running on the track plain sucks.


I have to make a confession...I have not been warming up. I have no excuse, I have just been lazy. So I need to do some kind of warm-up, even if it is just 5 minutes of brisk walking. I know that will improve my performance.


Since today's run was kind of lame-o, I'm going to ride my bike around town today for our various activities and do strength moves at home. Hopefully that will help me feel like I'm still making positive efforts towards progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment