Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Four Miles with an "Old Friend"

Today I got to revisit an "old friend"...my 4-miler hill route in Astoria. I'll admit, I was a little bit nervous coming back to a route with lots of hills (around 8). I haven't been running a ton of hills, just a few that happen to be along my longer routes. My body felt so awesome today. Again...maybe it was because I had a week off! *note sarcastic joy here* Or maybe I'm in better shape than I thought and I need to give myself credit. My legs felt light as a feather, and at times it felt as though my legs had a mind of their own, just flying along with me as their passenger. I didn't hold a super fast pace (9:45 is nothing to write home about) but it just felt great. It really was like my legs were reuniting with an old friend and it was a really nice change from my typical routes lately.

Style/Workout: Hills 
Setting/Route: Irving St out-and-back
Mileage: 4 Miles
Progress: (running mileage): 4 today/33.57 this month/ 163.49 year-to-date
(For March I'm aiming for...70 miles)

Other: My new shoes feel awesome! They are the perfect combination of lightweight, fits-like-a-glove, and cushion.

Also, this run was not planned! I just packed a bag and decided to revisit the hills for fun :) I might have to revisit the Riverwalk tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment