Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Morning Run + Afternoon Bike Ride!

Style/Workout:  3.5 Miles running, hills included; 15.5 mile bike ride, nice and flat
Setting/Route:  Neighborhood Run/Coronado Bike Ride
Progress: (running mileage):  3.5 today/ 3.5 this month/ 334.85 year-to-date

Today was a good day fitness-wise. I got out and went for a great run, followed by a nice bike ride in the afternoon with my husband. I kept thinking, hey all I need is the swim and I've completed a triathlon today!

Run: This run still felt tough. It wasn't a new route, it was close-by and included a huge hill! I am still regaining my endurance, as evidenced by my 10:00-11:00 pace. But I don't feel badly, I will find my groove. The added heat is also an adjustment still. 

Bike: My husband and I escaped out to Coronado Island with our bikes and had a great time! It wasn't super hot by any means because a nice cloud layer was lingering off the coast. This was our second long bike ride together and is proving to be a really nice way to spend time together (and works my legs and butt big time!). 

My husband blows me away big time when we ride, but he's sweet and slows back for me.


At the Coronado Chamber of Commerce

Every year there is a half marathon out on Coronado called the Silver Strand Half Marathon. It is November 17th this year and I'm not sure if I will make it due to previous commitments. If for some reason they fall through I'm going to run it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment