Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Lake Miramar Run

Remember a few posts back when I mentioned a cool lake with a path around it? I asked around and got some good information about it, and today after dropping my kids off for their first day of school I had the opportunity to run it! 

Style/Workout:  4.68 Miles Lake Loop
Setting/Route:  Lake Miramar
Progress: (running mileage):  4.68 today/ 8.18 this month/ 339.53 year-to-date

Today's run was tough but great! The heat is really getting to me, and even at 8am it was still around 80 degrees. My app usually posts the temperature but for some reason it didn't this time. 

This trail is a nice paved loop that has a few small hills but is mostly flat. The views are gorgeous! And it adds up to around 5 miles so either you turn around or you push yourself to get all the way around the lake. There is no in between, no swimming across! 

I was not on my A-game preparation-wise today. I managed to forget my hat so I wore my everyday sunglasses which kept slipping down my nose from the sweat pouring down my forehead, I forgot my armband and headphones so I held my iPhone (and carkeys) the whole way. It was just kind of awkward, but I made it work. No one looked at me weird at least! I also didn't have my wrist-strap water bottle which really is a must on this trail this time of year. There are even signs posted to carry your own water because there are no water sources along the way. There are porta-potties however, just FYI. So while I had guzzled water throughout the morning and right before my run, it really would have been nice to have it with me. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment