Friday, September 6, 2013

Same Run, Different Day

Style/Workout: 5K Run/Walk
Setting/Route: Santo Rd Hill + La Mirage Condo Neighborhood
Progress: (running mileage):  3.11 today/
11.29 this month/ 342.64 year-to-date

Today I ran the same route I have been running that starts at our travel trailer. I run about 3/4 mile flat for a good start, then I tackle the gynormous hill. Today I felt stronger! I went hard at the hill and only walked once. I give myself permission to walk for 3 reasons 1) I feel like I am overheating 2) I feel like I am about to throw up 3) I am getting a sideache. All of these things are typically caused by CO-2 build-up, so walk for a bit while I focus on taking a few breaths, focusing particularly on the exhale to blow off the CO-2. 

My pace wasn't much faster, but I like how with a particular route, you can test your fitness by seeing if you can finish it in less time. I shaved .78 off of my last time, which isn't earth-shattering, but it is still faster. 


No comments:

Post a Comment