Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Four For the Books

Run/Workout: 4 miles
Location: My garage, treadmill
Run Time (if applicable): 36:04, 9:01 average splits
Run Start: 3:00 pm
Temperature: 56 degrees
Weather: N/A

Notes:

No pictures today :( It's been one of those lucky-I-got-the-run-in days. It all started out well but has gotten complicated as the day went on. Kid stuff mostly. Kids are tough!

But the run went really well. My first mile flew by and the second did too. I felt like I was light as a feather. These kinds of runs are great. Mile 3 and 4 were challenging, but I also had increased the speed on the 'mill because I was feeling good. I'm happy with the results.

I'm mostly happy because based on my workout plan for the week, I have the potential to run about 25-26 miles just this week! That will be a week max for me this year. I'm determined to do it! Rock n Roll Half Marathon is in less than 3 weeks and I've got my head back in the game (thank goodness!).

I'm pretty sure I have decided to do the North Olympic Discovery Half Marathon two weeks after the Rock n Roll Half. It's up where my in-laws live which would be a really easy race start to get to (no travel arrangements-yay!). Plus the course is on a segment of the Olympic Discovery Trail (remember my Idyllepic run?) that I have yet to cover! I'm pumped. Two Half Marathons in 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment