Thursday, May 24, 2012

Four Fine Miles

Run/Workout: 4 miles
Location: Treadmill
Run Time (if applicable): 38:15, 9:33 splits
Run Start: 10:00 am
Temperature: 56 degrees
Weather: N/A

Notes:

Just a typical run on my treadmill. It was my first run back from the half marathon so I started out really easy, 10:00 pace for the first 2 miles, then I upped the mph for the last two miles, going 7mph for the last lap. It felt pretty good! The last two miles felt better than the first.

My body was back with it, no problem! I was surprised at how quickly my body recovered from this half marathon, especially considering how wrecked I felt at the end. By Tuesday I was raring to go again, but my abs were pretty sore from the hour-long tetanus of the side stitch in the race. So gave my core an extra couple of days to recover. By today I was great!

I have been eating a more Paleo-style diet lately, full of fruits, veggies and *ehem* gas-producing foods. I felt it in my gut today...it was bubbly and incomfortable. Not "side-stitch" uncomfortable, just "marbles in my intestines" uncomfortable. Thankfully running helps move gas. :)

I'm looking at running the Helvetia Half Marathon June 9th in North Plains, OR. It's within driving distance from my house and you can pick up your packet day of the race. That coupled with the registration price of only $65 and the good reviews I have read on the race, I'm seriously considering it for a chance to redeem my somewhat negative experience at the Portland Rock n Roll Half. If it works out schedule-wise(hubby doesn't have to work), then I'm doing it for sure. I might get a friend to tag along too.

http://www.runwithpaula.com/helvetia-half-marathon-widmer-brothers-10k

No comments:

Post a Comment