Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Five for The Five

Monday was Memorial Day. I knew I wanted to get out and do somewhere between 4-6 miles, and I read somewhere about doing "Five for The Five" which is one mile in honor of each branch of the military. It wasn't anything official, just something I was instantly sold on. So I did Five for The Five

Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard

Run/Workout: 5 miles
Location:The Prom and Sunset Cove
Run Time (if applicable): 44:16, 8:50 splits
Run Start: 9:00 am
Temperature: Not warm, not cold...?
Weather:Cloudy

The run was great. I honestly did think about the servicemen and women who serve and sacrifice for our country, pretty much the whole run. I didn't wear my ear buds so I wasn't distracted. I just let my mind wander and was thankful. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment