Friday, May 3, 2013

Three Already-Yep!

Style/Workout: No-Goal Run...just getting back out there after the marathon
Setting/Route: The Prom

Mileage:  3 miles
Progress: (running mileage):  today/ 3 this month/ 254.97 year-to-date
(For May I'm aiming for...75 miles)

Today was my first run back since the marathon. I took 3 really good days off. Should I have taken more? Maybe. But the sun was shining and the sidewalk was calling my name!  So I did a good walk warmup and just played the run by ear. The wind was a killer (as usual...) but I made it to the 3 mile mark then walked home. My body was pretty stiff and my L ankle is sore, but it's funny...since it was nothing compared to the pain felt in the last few miles of the marathon it felt like a piece of cake!

I am now training for the Helvetia Half Marathon June 8th, which makes it about 5 weeks away. I'm starting gradually. I am running this race with a 1st time half marathoner so I'm excited about that. I have always thought Helvetia would be a great race and I have heard the same from others so I'm really looking forward to it. The weather is getting nicer and it will be a whole new course to try out. I don't think I'm going to go for a PR. I think my goal will be to simply run the whole thing comfortably without stopping, and finish strong. Oh...and maybe I'll wear a cute outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment