Sunday, May 19, 2013

2.6 Miles With My Kiddos, Remembering

CG Run to Remember Logo
2.6 Miles With My Kiddos, Remembering...

Our group
 We arrived in plenty of time and it was rainy and icky out. It didn't matter, this race was for a great cause. CG Remember is an organization that was born out of a desire to do something that would honor those Coast Guard men and women who have lost their lives in the line of duty. It was very meaningful for us.

A compilation photo that I happened to be in (Black Hood/White beanie underneath)

So I brought all 3 kids out and we trudged along the out-and-back course of the Astoria Riverwalk in the rain. It did not dampen our spirits though. As the faster runners headed back to the finish, we all high-fived them and shouted lots of encouragement. There were lots of us who were doing a jog/walk combo and lots of strollers and dogs. It was like one big happy family!!
Our legs at the start! The red sweatshirt belongs to my oldest son Caleb who came in 4th. My legs are the ones with the bright blue shoes, just behind his. My other son you can see ahead of us in the Coast Guard sweatshirt. I think my middle son had gone up ahead of us.

 


In the end my littles and I almost finished dead last, but as you can see we did not care, we had fun anyway!  




Setting/Route: Astoria Riverwalk
Mileage:  2.67 miles

Progress: (running mileage):  2.67 today/ 15.87 this month/ 288.84 year-to-date

(For May I'm aiming for...75 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment