Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Five Miles: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Run/Workout: 5 miles
Location: Residential, Hilly Astoria
Run Time (if applicable): 52:02 minutes, 10.21 split average
Run Start: 11:00 am
Temperature: 56 degrees
Weather: Sunny



Notes: (The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly)

The Good:

I finished 5 miles. I did not puke. It was sunny and I got to wear a short-sleeved t-shirt. My left leg felt pretty good. I ran a new route, just kind of playing it by ear and that was fun. Overall while I am behind on my mileage goals, I'm feeling pretty good about my half marathon training.

The Bad:

I felt really slow today. Naturally running hills you are bound to go slower, but I really felt slow. I think I was just under-fueled. The hills were tough!!

The Ugly:

Mama is tired today. I went to bed early last night because Tuesdays I have to get up at 5:30 to make it to my 8am Anatomy Lab. I woke up too many times and had my son's knee in my back too much last night. I also had bad dreams. Mama did not sleep well AT ALL and it shows. As soon as I got home, I snapped at my husband who had not done the dishes and initiated an argument. Thankfully we are pretty good these days and it never escalates.  In the end I just apologized and told him I am just tired.

It's 2:30 in the afternoon and I have already had 3 cups of coffee and I am nowhere near productive. I'm tired. I don't feel good. I need to go to bed. But alas, I have the "mother-load" going on around me and I don't get to go to bed yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment