Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Small Successes Add Up!

This morning I weighed in at 139.4 lbs! That's right my friends, I have now lost 5 pounds and am officially out of the 140s! Ok, ok, I know...I'm barely out of the 140s, but it still counts in my book! Mostly I'm just so proud of the fact that I have taken control of my diet, feel so much better and it is paying off! (My long-term goal is 130 lbs)

YAY!!!!
And just to reiterate, it has nothing to do with how much I have been running, because I have been doing that since the first of the year! My weight loss can only be creditted to better eating, which began around March 19 :)
I love food!

Yesterday's run also counts as a small success. It felt so amazing to run fast!


Lastly for now and not related to eating or fitness but instead skin health, I have battled acne for some time now (too long to even remember when it started!). I finally broke down and ordered ProActiv. It has been less than a week and my skin is transforming! The daily exfoliation/pampering/repairing is amazing!  I have had only one blemish pop up and it healed almost overnight!

That's not me by the way...

Now...my birthday is coming up and I need to figure out what I'd like most! Lululemon, massage, some shopping?

1 comment:

  1. Great job Mel! It is amazing how just a few pounds can change how we feel..for better or worse. I'm curious how ProActiv works long-term. I also have lovely 'acne'-even worse than I remember having in school. Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete