Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Remembrance Run

Today I ran for Boston. I left my iPod at home and I just ran. I let my thoughts and prayers truly flow.

I'll just say it. I'm an iPod runner. I remembered today why I don't really like running without music. I don't like hearing my footfalls and breaths. To me it psychologically feels harder when it sounds harder. Today, add in post-race tightness and soreness and you've got a for sure hard-feeling run. But, at the same time, this quote kept running through my head:

...and I felt like it was appropriate because it knits runners together. We're all crazy. We go out and run and it hurts, it's hard and sometimes we all want to quit. But we all keep going because the hard is what makes it awesome. So in a sense, my run feeling hard today was appropriate :)

My shins were burning, my IT bands were tight and achy. But I just kept going because it could be worse, and I felt like it was the least I could do. The sun was shining and it was great. I felt alive :)

Style/Workout: No-Music Run, Boston Marathon Remembrance
Setting/Route: The Prom

Mileage:  4 miles

Progress: (running mileage): 4 today/30.86 this month/ 225.77 year-to-date

(For April I'm aiming for...80 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment