Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Sleepy Run

This morning I drug myself out of bed at 5:30 so I could get a run in before class. My days have been LONG and I was feeling it! I nibbled on some peanut butter and toast and some pear and drank about a half a cup of coffee. That kind of helped. I figured once I got my body moving that would really wake me up.

About 20 minutes into my workout I was finally feeling awake! But somewhere right at the 30 minute mark I tapped my iPhone screen and it fast-forwarded my app workout. Then to rewind, it took me back a segment. I didn't feel like dealing with it. I knew I'd ran for about 30 minutes, I knew what pace, I was done. I didn't feel like fussing with it, plus it just wasn't happening. Oh well, I still got a good 30 minute run in. That's better than nothing! It is funny how 30 minutes feels so short to me these days.


Style/Workout: 30 intervals
Setting/Route: Treadmill
Mileage: 2.6 miles
Progress: (running mileage): 2.6 today/25.35 this month/ 88.28 year-to-date (Goal-65 miles this month

6:00, 10:00....0.6
3:00, 7:30......0.4
6:00, 10:00....0.6
3:00, 7:30......0.4
6:00, 10:00....0.6

Grand Total:...2.6 miles

I can't complain! I really need to roll my muscles out though. There is nothing worse than sitting in a classroom all. day. long. Hello stiffness!

I have a few days where I get to run a bit later this week. I can't tell you how much I look forward to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment