Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Be anxious for nothing...

I feel like lately I have been placing my name into so many hats just waiting and hoping it gets chosen at some point. There are so many factors I cannot control!

I am applying for jobs which is nerve-wrecking to say the least. I have applied for so many jobs I have all of my contacts and addresses, license numbers, etc memorized. I have literally lost count of how many I have applied for! It has to be at least 20-25 so far. I know people have to apply for many more than that before the magic one falls into their lap, so I'm not going to give up yet!

Then I found myself at various events and clicking on links online, signing up for drawings or sweepstakes, putting my name in the running again...why not right? You never know. There I was again, throwing my name out into the unknown.

All of this had me thinking...all of these things I put myself out there for I can't control if I am chosen or not. I put my best face forward, market myself as best as I possibly can and if I'm their gal they will pick me but if I'm not, that's life sometimes. I can't take it personal. All I can do is shake it off, move on and keep trying.

On the other hand my health and fitness I have a lot of control over! Certain situations will happen no matter what you do (freak illness, genetic issues, tragic accidents) but overall you can make a huge impact on whether you reach your dreams or not by your day-to-day choices. I love this. When I feel frustrated about the things I can't control (will I ever get a job?), I can easily switch my focus onto things I can control and take myself out for a run, sit down and make a healthy meal plan, do some yoga and stretching or just go play with my kids. It always brings me back to a place of peace where I refuse to worry about what I cannot control and focus on the things that I can.

How often do we expend energy via anxiety into things we cannot control? What a waste of time, right?!? So stop it! Do your best, work hard, pray hard, then let go and let God do the rest. He has good things for you, just trust Him! When disappointments arise, my rule is that I let myself be bummed and emotional about it for about 15 minutes then after that it is officially in the past and I move on. There's no need to spend much more time being upset about it when you really can't change it!

Proverbs 3:5-6
Matthew 6:24-34
v. 27 And which of you by being anxious can add one cubit to his span of life?



No comments:

Post a Comment