Monday, October 28, 2013

Stop Talking Yourself Out of it!

(Today, I am kind of writing to myself)

If you are like me, you are your own worst motivator. I would like to say it is not true, but it is. I have a million reasons not to go for a run, as we all do. My "excuses" are usually centered around the lack of time I have in my day, and other things I could be doing instead. Even the nasty, "I don't want to" voice rears its head. Then there is the procrastinator voice saying, "I'll just do it later," which never happens! It is easy to talk myself out of a run. That's why often times I have to argue with myself and then straight up quiet my own self's voice telling me I have other things to do. When it doubt, don't think, just go.


But I think the important thing to remember is that the reasons TO run far outweigh the reasons NOT to run. Today my TO list includes:

Running to:

-relieve stress
-maintain my fitness level
-conquer the hill
-snap out of my rut
-to feel great!

And like I knew it would, my run felt great, and I felt wonderful afterward. It's funny this little mind game we play with ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment