Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pumpkin Smoothie

For some reason, lately I have not been into vegetables much. I will munch on carrot and celery sticks, and I'll make steamed veggies with dinner and load lettuce and tomato on my sandwich but as far as salads I have not been into it. One way to sneak in veggies and fruits that always works for me is smoothies!

In true autumn fashion, I tried my luck throwing some things together to make a pumpkin-y smoothie and it turned out pretty good! Pumpkin is chock full of Vitamin A, important for many body functions including immune function, vision, reproduction and cell growth and maintenance.

I don't really do measurements per say in smoothies because you really can add different amounts of everything to make it to your taste and texture. Just assume my ingredients are listed in order of "more of this" to "less of that".

Pumpkin Smoothie

Canned Organic Pumpkin 
Unsweetened Applesauce
Silk Light Vanilla Soy Milk
Stonyfield Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt
Pumpkin Pie Spice

If you make it just like this, the smoothy is not overly sweet and very pumpkin-y. If you like a bit more sweetness, use Vanilla greek yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment