Monday, February 16, 2015

Finding Balance

I am a middle child, perhaps that is why I find myself constantly craving a sense of balance in all things (except my faith...that is a constant). So I am reevaluating my goals for the year and deciding how many running events I will do after all. I registered for a half for March and April which I will run, and I will run AFC in August to earn my Triple Crown. But even though it would be super cool to run a half every month, it is also kind of a bummer to take a weekend every month and devote it to a run. Right now I am working a ton, something that I desperately need to find balance in. As a new nurse, gaining experience is important. Not to mention we are paying off lots of bills and reaching financial goals which is great! But that means I have very little time off.  Today I was randomly looking up local events and seeing what I might be able to do with my kids in the coming weeks (on my rare days off), and the ones I saw that I wanted to take them to are on race days! It is so irritating! I know I can't do it all- I know that. But it does not stop me from trying. Then I get frustrated, mad at myself for not being more realistic, and I step back and reevaluate. That is where I am now. I might run a half marathon every month. But I might not. I might decide that I would rather have weekend adventures through May rather than get up at 5am to run 13-1 miles. It has to be something you really want to do. It won't be a great accomplishment if you end up dreading it throughout the process. Anyway, I am just working it out. It's not that I haven't been running or that I'm in a slump, it's just that there is more to life than running and I want to experience it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment