Wednesday, January 14, 2015

2015 Resolutions...and feeling ambitious!

We've arrived...it's Carlsbad Half Marathon week! My body is feeling awesome. My longest run has been 10 miles, and I'm not worried about that because with training for my first half marathon, my longest run was also 10 miles. I'm taking it slow, like it was my first time...because for my repaired Achilles, it is the first time!

So not to put the cart before the horse, but since we're in Half Marathon week, it's time to start thinking about what plan I will follow once Sunday has come and gone. I went ahead and printed off Hal Higdon's Intermediate plan which involves track workouts which I am looking forward to.

And...*drum roll* I have signed up for 2 other half marathons! One is in February, one is in March. I'm not sure what has gotten into me but I jumped at them (probably motivated to get the cheaper price). The one in March I got for a cheap $35 because I got in on it before the year ended, and the one in February just looks like a good one...it's a Mermaid Series run just for women. La Jolla Half is in April, and I'm just waiting on the funds to register for that one soon. America's Finest City Half is in August, but it will round off the 3 races needed to earn my Triple Crown medal so I am looking to register for it after La Jolla. I would hate to wait and have it sell out or something-which happens. I'm thinking May will put me at the Rock n Roll San Diego Half and June there is a Wine Country Half in Temecula. July? September will be Disneyland Half if my dream comes true this year(I have to decide by next month because registration opens and usually sells out in less than 24 hours!). October? November is the Silver Strand Half on Coronado. It's right around Thanksgiving so I have to think that one through and consider family holiday plans. December who knows!

So if you haven't noticed, I just gave away my top 2015 resolution. I will run a half marathon every month! Hopefully my husband won't go nuts watching our $ go to registrations and having me gone at dark o'clock for a race start once a month. By jumping on them early and looking for smaller venues I'm hoping to save $ on registrations. I just know it would mean a lot to get to the end of 2015 triumphantly!

Next I want to improve in my yoga practice. I want to diligently practice at least twice a week and progress through challenging poses. I guess I should make my goal more measurable but with yoga, each new level motivates you to reach to the next and so on. Today I did a handstand!

Other goals include doing more active things, keeping with my goal to have a beach day once a month (perhaps those will coincide with half marathon race days), and I want to give blood-something I resolved to do last year but did not do.

No comments:

Post a Comment