Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Spinach Avocado Blueberry Smoothie

Today I needed greens. I didn't want a smoothie that was all fruit and yogurt and sweet, sweet, sweet. So I started with the spinach then noticed I had quite a few ripe avocados that needed to be used (thank you roadside stand-I <3 California). Because it has to have some sweetness, I added the blueberry ingredients. The result-holy creaminess! I have used all kinds of dairy to add a creaminess to my smoothies but avacado blows them all out of the water! It is chock full of nutrients and great Omega-3 fats too. Just use it in moderation due to the calories-from-fat content ;)

Spinach Avocado Blueberry Smoothie

(as usual, ingredients are to your liking so I don't post measurements)

Baby spinach leaves
Avocado
Frozen blueberries
Blueberry yogurt
Milk

Blend it all up and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment