Saturday, January 18, 2014

One Week Post-Op!

It is hard to believe my surgery was one week ago! I'm actually kind of thankful that I've gotten past this first part. I don't have pain, I'm feeling good and I have been able to get back to most of the normal things I do on a day-to-day basis. I am limping of course, but it is somewhat on the level I was at prior to surgery which in a weird way is encouraging. I can work the clutch in our Jetta but not in the big truck yet. I am still using a crutch or both occasionally throughout the day just because it is smart and it really does help.

I am mostly sick of my makeshift cast. It has begun to kind of unravel at the toes and is looking kind of ratty with the batting pulling out and the bottom on the dirty side. It's ok. I get it off on Monday when I go in for my Post-Op appointment. My leg inside the cast itches from time to time but it's not too bad. Mostly it gets in the way of sleeping. It isn't flexible at all and we have named it The Club because it is just a big, hard awkward thing.

But I am proud of myself. I have gotten over some pride issues and just accepted that I need help right now, and I need special assistance. I have had a friend chauffeuring the kids to and from school, and I even used the motorized cart at Home Depot yesterday.
Yesterday was awesome though. My husband was home for a few hours and since we had some errands to run, he got me out of the house. I stayed in the car for most of the errands but then he took me to a gorgeous viewpoint and then a wonderful lunch. It was the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment