Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Spring Break Recap

It's April! Our family just got back from a great Spring Break trip to Arizona. We enjoyed some spring training baseball and explored the Grand Canyon. It was good times! While there, I went on two shorter runs, a challenging hike and a 22-mile bike ride. I would have liked to do more but it was the whole family together and even though it is vacation, Moms have a lot to do! Here are a few pictures



How I spent the 95-degree day...under an umbrella with a margarita!

An unforgettable bike ride
I also finished up the 30-day yoga challenge I was following on Instagram. What a great way to challenge yourself and try new poses. I will definitely do another one soon, but for April, I'm giving my followers a break from yoga poses every day.
One of my favorites from the month.
 
My husband and I rarely run together. We hike and bike together more often. He is not a fan of running, but today he told me he actually enjoyed the run, since we had each other for company. I am usually a solo runner, but I have to admit, I really enjoyed it too!
Add caption
Some run scenery:


At the Grand Canyon, we did some awesome biking along the miles and miles of paved bike trails. It's a great way to get around the park by the way, I highly recommend it.

I could not wait to get up early and sneak in a run (and a peak at the Canyon). Four miles at 7,000 feet was nothing to snark at. It was tough! When I wasn't taking walk breaks, I was sucking wind and freezing my tail off since I wasn't anticipating 40-degree weather plus frigid wind-chill. Somehow it was all worth it for the experience.


Am I really here? Surreal!


We also explored the inside of the canyon via the popular Bright Angel trail. We took our kids so we only went 1 1/2 miles down into the canyon since the way back up is twice as hard



I did a shocking lack of yoga on this trip. I brought my mat and everything but didn't really bring it out. I would have been sad if I hadn't walked out with some kind of yoga pose in front of the canyon though.

My boys biking the rim.

No comments:

Post a Comment