Thursday, April 9, 2015

A few I felt like

Today's run made me surprisingly sore and stiff! Yoga was just the ticket. Here are a few pictures from my little session. More often than not these days when I set out to do some yoga, I don't necessarily follow a plan, I just start with some sun salutations then follow what I feel like my body needs and wants to do for that day. Sometimes easier poses feel hard and sometimes I surprise myself with some harder poses that I can't usually stick.

Standing Split L (Urdhva Prasarita Eka Padasana)

Standing Split L
My crow is coming along. In the progression of crow, it helps (me) to place the knees to the outside of the elbows. As I progress in the pose, I find that I can now raise my gaze forward as opposed to down on my mat, and as I do that, my arms are lengthening out more. Next I will work on squeezing my knees more into my armpits, so that my legs run parallel to my arms.
Crow (Bakasana)

Staff Pose (Dandasana)

Upward Plank (Purvottanasana) This pose is great for tightening the butt! Then what I do is lift one leg with my toe pointed and continue to alternate until I can't stand it anymore!

Headstand (Sirasana)

No comments:

Post a Comment