Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Backtracking again...

Pulling on the reigns, backing up the truck, rewinding the video...well you get it.

My left lower leg just above my heel, along with my heel has really been hurting lately. So much that that "normal" walk that I had perfected has become extremely difficult to power through. It is so frustrating! I guess my activity last week was too much? It certainly did not feel like too much.

So I am going back to the basics. Strength exercises only, stretching, and walking normally. Some Ibuprofen or Naproxen and ice. It sucks, I will admit. I felt so good last week, and I wasn't even sore after anything except the interval session.

Tomorrow I have PT again and I'm sure it will be good. She does a lot of massage and works on my scar too (which also seems a bit more swollen than it has been...) I don't really know what to think of the regression except that "one step forward, two steps back" isn't all that uncommon in injuries like this one. It is just the most frustrating thing because it involves walking so there is no escaping when it hurts.

I just have to go back to taking it easy, and being careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment