Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Therapy, Therapy, Therapy!

I thought I would post a bit of an update on my physical therapy progress. Well so far I have only seen the therapist that initial visit. My second visit is tomorrow and all week I have been doing the stretches and exercises she assigned to me. It is tough! My calf muscle hurts more often, that's for sure. However when I come to think of it, my heel hurts less.

I have to do 4 different stretches, a calf-flexing exercise and I am retraining my foot to walk properly. At first it was really hard. I do 400m stretches with my little dog, going slowly and methodically. It hurt at first and I didn't go the full 400m. But by this morning the first half of it actually felt good and I think after tomorrow's therapy visit, I will add a little bit of distance (extra 200m or so).

The good thing is that it hasn't been hard to find the time to complete the exercises, some several times a day. I am at home during the day so I can easily take a "therapy break" and give myself 15 minutes to do some exercises.

On a separate note, I have also been taking time to do other strength exercises-my usual routine: push-ups, tricep dips, dancer's leg exercises, abs, etc. I think wrapping my head around a physical therapy routine has made it easy to make myself stop and do other exercises too!

No comments:

Post a Comment