Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Squeezing one in!

I got a run done yesterday but didn't quite get to post it! Life is busy and sometimes all I have time for is the run, and not the blog post! So I'm getting it posted in the 5 minutes I have left before I need to wake my kiddos up for school.

Style/Workout: Get Out and Go Run (No Time or Distance Goal)
Setting/Route: Out my front door
Progress: (running mileage):  4 today/ 4 this month/ 378.2 year-to-date
 
This run felt tough. I did what I always do and it just felt tough. I walked some. I added mileage before tackling the big hill and it ended up being exactly 4 miles. 
 
I don't know what it is...if it is the fact that I'm only running 2-3 times a week or what, but I feel like I am just not getting better (and by better I mean faster) lately. I have still been biking with the husband once a week and have been playing football 3 times a week (that's over after our big tournament this weekend). I still kind of hover in the 9:45 minute mile pace for the most part. On good days I do get faster though. I guess today was just a tough one. 
 
I am itching for another half marathon. The one I wanted to run is coming up, but too soon since I haven't had any quality long runs in quite a while. I don't think it would be wise to try and just wing it. 
 
Good on me though...I registered for a 5K Turkey Trot yesterday! Nothing like a free race to force you to throw out all excuses! 



No comments:

Post a Comment