Tuesday, August 27, 2013

5K on a Hot and Sunny Day!

Style/Workout: 5K Run/Walk
Setting/Route: Santo Rd Hill + La Mirage Condo Neighborhood
Progress: (running mileage):  3.11 today/ 3.11 this month/ 323.28 year-to-date

I'm back to blogging! It's things like this that make my life feel more "normal"

 This was by no means a fast run. Not at all! However, I used the Jeff Galloway method and just walked when I needed to and kept trucking forward! I started out with a nice warm-up walk, and had 1/2 mile before I had to tackle the huge hill. It was kind of cool to map this run because it is the same route I have been walking. Turns out it is about 5K! 

It was super hot, and I'm glad I brought my amphipod with water in it. I am going to start filling it up and puting it in the freezer the night before then taking it out in the morning. It was just so hot for me. I think I poured more water over my head than I actually drank!

No comments:

Post a Comment