Sunday, July 14, 2013

A New 3 Miles!

Yesterday I got to run a new route! It is new and exciting because we are here in the new city that will be our home for the next 4 years: Sunny San Diego, CA!

Style/Workout: Good Ol' 3-Miler
Setting/Route: Through Admiral Baker RV Park and the Golf Course
Mileage: 3 miles  
Progress: (running mileage):  3 today/ 10.33 this month/ 322.67 year-to-date



So the run wasn't anything abnormal...I walked a little to warm up and stretched some then just got going. It was nice because at the same time I was in a sense sight-seeing. It was plenty challenging, especially being 70 degrees out at 9am. I am not used to that! If I left an hour earlier, I know it would be just a tad cooler. What I love about the weather here is that it gets just hot enough to go swimming, but stays fairly cool in the shade. It is usually a bit overcast in the early morning hours but burns off around 9-10 am. It's great! So far I'm loving it!


I know I haven't logged many miles in the last 2 months, but life has been full of change! I don't intend to let my fitness lag very long. Even today I did a workout while my kids were swimming in the pool. Just laps and some legwork...and oh yeah, I got a tan while doing it! Gotta love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment