Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Three for the Books


Run/Workout: 3.25 miles
Location:The Prom
Run Time (if applicable): 28:28, 8:44 splits
Run Start: 7:02 am
Temperature: Warm-ish
Weather: Cloudy and humid

This run went great! I had taken over a week off (again...and not on purpose) and I took it easy coming back on a run. It went really smoothly! Everything felt fine (including my still tweaked knee) and it didn't feel overly exerting. That is good news! So while I have not been super consistent, my overall fitness has not decreased too much. At this point I really want my old routine back. I want my 3-4 days of running a week-plus yoga back! But we still have a few weeks of summer left, including a short trip and long vacation. So for now any routine I find will be interrupted again and again. That can be very frustrating. 

Instead of focusing on my lack of consistency, I am just going to celebrate what runs I do manage to do. I'm going to work hard to squeeze as much as I can in before the Disneyland Half Marathon and enjoy riding bikes and walking on the beach as well, while the weather is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment