Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fighting for Five

Whew! I did it! I got out to run...and *gasp* I am going out to do it again today, just as soon as I finish this brief post.

Ok I can admit it...I am out of shape! I have been on "vacation mode" all summer long, ever since we went to Yosemite. This is not to say I did not have good intentions, but I am proof that good intentions can only take you so far. On the other hand, I have probably needed a bit of a rest. My ideal running year includes taking the summer off so I can swim, but it is different here. Summer is the best time to run here, even though I haven't felt like running much.

Yesterday's run. It was tough! I went out feeling pretty good, a little rusty. I kept my pace relaxed and slower and I'm glad I did. I would have seriously pooped out by mile 2 had I not. I took a couple of walk breaks and fought pretty good the last mile.

My bigger battle is with keeping a routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment