Sunday, July 29, 2012

Six Mile-Long Run



Had a great 6-miler! I considered it a "long run" so I started out really relaxed with an easy pace. I wasn't sure how fast I was going, I just focused on keeping it an easy effort. I was happy with my pace. I enjoyed the run. It was tough! That month off has made a difference. I stopped halfway to use the restroom and get a drink. The weather was really nice, the run was a beautiful route. There were surfers, tourists, bikers, you name it. It was a really nice day for a run.

I wore my running skirt and I have to admit it is not my most favorite thing to run in. I think it would be, but the undershorts ride up a little, leaving my far upper thighs exposed. If I any prickle whatsoever on my legs, my thighs chafe a bit. That stinks. Having said that, I had slatherd on some sunless tanning cream the night before and I was running on a tad bit more confidence, thinking my legs were looking pretty good! You know, that helps!

Coming up on Friday is a 5K that goes along with Coast Guard Day. I'm excited because it will be a great way to "sneak" a race in there. I haven't raced much this year so far. And...32 days until the Disneyland Half Marathon!

Oh, and just for fun, here is our typical weather this time of year. I have to admit, most of the year I am not a fan of the weather here, but summer it is great running weather!
Lastly, I am working on tallying up what mileage I have to update. I missed recording a 3-miler last week I did take a month off so I'm not expecting much. I have really lost track though!I have to go all the way back to June 1...

No comments:

Post a Comment