Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Three Miles Inside and a Headcold

Workout for today:

5 minutes treadmill walk warm-up
10 stairs
10 burpees
stretch
3 miles/26:08 8:42 splits
5 minutes cool-down
10 push-ups
30 mountain climbers
40 crunches
15 tricep dips

Like my title suggests, I have a headcold. I thought after Sunday's weeding it was just a touch of allergies, reacting to all of the weed pollen we released. But 2 days later I'm still stuffy, nose-running and my head is quite foggy. I'm functioning just fine though. I have a final tomorrow so I am spending the day at home doing some cleaning and quite a bit of studying (cramming!).

I don't know what the rule is on working out when you are sick besides just listening to your body and not overdoing it. I felt like I needed a good sweat this morning. In the interest of taking it easy, I stayed indoors. Working out felt sooooo good. Besides that, I'm drinking tons of water, Gatorade and green tea and eating lots of watermelon and strawberries and taking my vitamins. Besides making sure to rest, that's all you can really do!

No comments:

Post a Comment