Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Who's the Flakiest Runner?

Me!

So after planning all year, and finishing the first two races, I flaked on the AFC Half Marathon. I know...for shame! I have not trained at all this summer, unless you count marathon surfing sessions (which I totally think count...). The weather was unseasonably hot this week and last weekend I came down with a mysterious case of plantar fasciitis. What? What's that you say? I REAL runner would have just gone and done it anyway? Well I guess a medal plus another medal wasn't enough motivation for me to hobble on a hurt foot through 85-degree weather over 13.1 miles. It just wasn't. I still love running, but I just didn't care enough for some reason. And I'm ok with that.

So what did we do instead? We went surfing of course! It was a million degrees! We went to the ocean...and I spent 3 1/2 glorious hours in the beautiful waters of Cardiff Pipes attempting (and mostly failing) to surf and succeeding at teaching my 15-year-old and 12-year-old sons to surf. That last part, teaching the boys was reason enough. I've never been so proud. Only I didn't think it through, because now I have to share my board...Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment