Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A Sore Two Miles

What a week and a half! Last week was an off week. Not because I didn't want to run, but because I started a new job and was busy! Then our family enjoyed a beach weekend for the 4th of July. While I did not do any running that week, I did go on a great bike ride with my husband on Sunday and spent several hours each day boogie boarding and body surfing. What fun! If only all workouts were as fun while being as challenging as playing in the surf :)
Doesn't this just make you want to go swimming? It does me!
Yesterday I was lazy and slept in but today I refused to do that again! I got up at 5:45, just as the sun was rising, got my cup of coffee and headed out for a run. My muscles were so stiff! I cut my route in half and settled for 2 miles. I am still training for a half marathon but I've backtracked to week 2 to make sure my body is ready to move on. With no physical therapy it is important now more than ever to get the appropriate strength moves in as well as using my stick to keep my tendons loose.

Happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment