Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I Don't Wanna Work, I just Wanna...

Do anything else!

Since it has been a while since I have posted and trying to catch up would be a huge chore, I'm just going to do a quickie to get up to speed:

I'm a surfer chick. I have been surfing pretty regularly these days and really have a hang of the longboard. I have a short board also that I bought at a garage sale but it is built for speed and not stability so I have not been very good at it yet. I also have not been SUPing very much. I can't help it... the waves beckon me! Summer in San Diego rocks for surfing, and the water has been warmer lately. On average I am lucky enough to find myself out in the waves once a week.
Cardiff Reef

San Elijo

New 6-footer I can't ride yet

Surfing the Silver Strand over 4th of July


The America's Finest City Half Marathon is in just a couple of short weeks and man my training is going awesome! Ha! Not so much. I am just to where I have been running a handful of 3-4 milers these days. It's not that I hate running, it's just that I have been working SO MUCH...way more than I honestly want to. I am so exhausted after work. Some days I can get up the nerve and psych myself up but most days I'm just trashed. Hopefully in a couple of months I can scale back work a bit and get more fitness in. I did run 2 4-milers on our recent trip to Oregon, and remember why I ran so much there. The modest temps, clean air, and beautiful scenery are perfect!

And I miss my regular yoga, or rather my mind/body/soul misses it. This whole working mom thing sucks the big one. Time to make room on my calendar!




No comments:

Post a Comment