Saturday, May 12, 2012

Nutrition and Weight Update

Well this last month has been tough! I reached the under-140 mark only to pop right above it again! I've been in this tough flippy-floppy stage and MyFitness Pal has been so hard to follow lately. I can't seem to get my hunger under control and I can't seem to get low enough in the sugar/carb department. It's frustration.

I guess the only thing you can do is keep trying. I have been trying to think about grabbing for veggies more than anything else. Days when I run are pretty good...I usually finish the day under or at my calorie goal. But any other day I get to dinner time and things sort of fall apart. I'm not sure what my problem is. I was doing so good!

Well this week I made 2 goals that I am going to focus on that I'm hoping will help:

1) Go for an hour walk each evening. Aside from health benefits (burns about 250 calories), the weather has been gorgeous and I really enjoy walking the Prom during sunset and afterward, when the Prom lights come on. It's so lovely.

2) Reach for veggies more than fruit/cheese. It's really easy for me to grab an apple, banana, canned peaches, etc. The list goes on. But unfortunately, fruits have lots more carbs and sugars so it's not like you can eat an unlimited amount. It's good to reach for fruit over say, a cupcake but you can overeat even on fruits. Veggies on the other hand are super low cal, low carb and packed full of vitamins and fiber. If I have to, I will buy the prepped bags of veggies and light dip (baby carrots, snow peas, celery, broccoli and cauliflower).

As an aside, I am not super focused on losing the last 5 pounds right now. I lost 5 and it's become so hard to keep those off. So my focus has been more on keeping the balance going and then maybe I'll tackle the other 5 pounds later.

No comments:

Post a Comment