Monday, September 17, 2012

Melanee's 10 Running Answers

I'm playing along with Run Like a Mother's 10-question game started last week

1. Best Run Ever:

Dimity was right, this is a tough question, especially if you have been running for a pretty long time. I think I have to say a 10-mile training run I did up near Sequim, WA on the Olympic Discovery Trail. Everything was just right: Perfect Temperature, Beautiful ever-changing scenery, 10 miles that seemed effortless...and oh did I mention it was my 31st birthday?

2. Three words that describe my running: Exhilarating. Challenging. Gradual

3. My go-to running outfit is: Nike dri-fit running capris and older Nike sports bra, Bright blue Portland Rock n Roll Brooks dri-fit t-shirt, thin Nike running socks, black LunarGlides and last-but-certainly-not-least: Hair in a pony braid, otherwise the underside balls up into a horrible rats nest by the end of my run

4. Quirky habit while running: checking my reflection in the shop windows I pass. This is mostly because I'm constantly checking my form but I probably look like I'm just checking out how fly I am ;)

5. Morning, midday, evening: My running sweet spot of the day is around 8:30, but in reality I am trying to be flexible and run on my lunch break and maybe in the evenings. If I want to run in the morning with my upcoming schedule it is going to have to be somewhere between 5-6 o'clock and I don't like running outdoors in the dark!

6. I won't run outside when it's: Like I said, I hate running when it is dark and I will most likely turn around if I walk outside into Oregon's sideways rain.

7. Worst injury-and how I got over it: Over a year ago I was into a great training mojo and feeling like Superwoman as a runner. Well as fate would have it, I had kissed my kids goodnight and while walking out of their room, I stepped on a Hot Wheels car and turned my foot-not my ankle-my foot. So I totally messed up the bones and tendons in the top of my foot which led to tendinitis, which seemed to linger on forever. All I could do to get over it was baby my foot and take good care of it. I stayed in decent shape by utilizing the elliptical at school. Needless to say, that was the last time the kids didn't pick up their room before bed. They felt almost as bad as I did about it!

8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when: I broke 2 hours in my first half marathon (1:57:04). I had wished I would have been wearing a shirt that said, "Mom of 3" on the back.

9. Next race is: Barefoot on the Beach 5K in Gearhart, OR

10. Potential Running Goal for 2013: Reach the 1,000 miles I have been working toward. Keep running in general! I am starting nursing school so just keeping running a part of my life will be a huge accomplishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment